The latest version of Joomla! 3.8.6 has been released and is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing a low priority security fix and several 100 bug fixes and improvements.
What's new in Joomla 3.8.6?
Joomla 3.8.6 addresses a low priority security fix and several bugs
The low priority fix is in the Core of Joomla and fixes a SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5).
The Bug fixes and Improvements are listed below:
- Various session management improvements
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article
- Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users
- Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder
- reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
We ensure all of our retainer clients are running the latest version of Joomla. Why would you not update your site for peace of mind that's it's more secure today than it was yesterday?
Want to ensure your Joomla website is always up to date? Contact us today to find out how we can help and make sure you're always protected.